Who spotted the first Steam Train to run the expanse of the Sky Rail between Caulfield & Dandenong last weekend?
On Saturday the 23rd June, 707 Operations ventured along the main Eastern line from Melbourne to Sale with the steam locomotive R707 along with the heritage diesel locomotives T413 and H5.
The excursion train became the very first steam hauled train to travel over the new skyrail between Caulfield and Dandenong. The train features 1950’s open saloon and compartment carriages, as well as open windowed Edwardian sleeper Wando and lounge carriages Victoria and BK708 for the trip. You can travel First-Class in steel sleeping converted to day sitting carriages offers different unique travel options for a family friendly day out.
The heritage train features:
- Air conditioned restored 1950’s carriages
- Exclusive First Class travel option with an all inclusive at-your seat service and private access to the first class lounge carriage Victoria.
- Licensed club and lounge carriages
- Cafe Hudson espresso bar
- Heritage steam locomotive R707 and restored 1950’s diesel locomotives T413 and H5
- Relaxed vintage travel atmosphere
Visit the 707 Operations website for details on future events